TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR HIRE OF THE CAFÉ VENUE
FOR BUSINESS AND SOCIAL EVENTS
Hiring of the venue at Boufe Boutique Cafe are accepted on the understanding that the Hirer, as named on the confirmation form, accepts these terms and conditions.
1. All confirmation must be made in writing using Confirmation Form. Verbal bookings will only be classed as provisional until a completed endorsed confirmation form is received and any variation to a booking must be agreed and confirmed by both parties in writing.
2. Provisional bookings will only be held for a period of one week. If it is not confirmed by a Confirmation Form at the end of this period, the date may be released.
3. Confirmation of date, time, duration, choice of food and number of guests should be done by Hirer
3 weeks in advance. Major variations to the booking thereafter such as date change will incur S$20.00 administration fee.
4. Guest numbers and final menu choices including special dietary requirements will need to be confirmed a minimum of 2 weeks before the date of the event. Any decrease in guest numbers within 2 weeks of the event will not be refunded. We will try to accommodate any increase in guest numbers within 2 weeks of the event if possible, at an additional cost per pax.
5. Venue booking duration includes set-up and tear-down. A grace period of 30mins will be provided before the event time stated on the confirmation form for set-up, and 15mins grace period for tear-down thereafter. Any additional set-up time required will incur a service charge of;
S$120.00 per half hour for Weekday
S$200.00 per half hour for Weekend/Public Holiday
6. Events exceeding the agreed time frame stated (beyond grace period provided) on the Confirmation Form will incur a service charge of;
S$120.00 per half hour for Weekday
S$200.00 per half hour for Weekend/Public Holiday
7. A deposit of 50% of the expected cost of the event will be required to confirm the booking. This amount will be shown on the Confirmation Form. Until this amount is received, the booking will be considered as provisional, and the venue will be available to other applicants after the 1 week provisional period.
8. Boufe Boutique Café require the Confirmation Form to be signed, endorsed and returned with the deposit in order to confirm the booking.
1. All cancellations must be received in writing.
2. In the event of cancellation, deposits will only be fully refunded within 21 days following confirmation of your booking. Your booking is considered to be confirmed when we have received your deposit and confirmation form. If a booking is made at short notice (within 14 days of the event), the deposit is also non-refundable.
3. Cancellation charges prior to the event booking will be applied as detailed below:
Up to 21 days – No charge
14 to 7 days - 50% of the deposit will be charged
7 days or less – 100% of the deposit will be charged
Notice of cancellation must be made in writing, and will become effective on the date received by Boufe Boutique Café.
4. Boufe Boutique Cafe reserves the right to cancel a booking if the holding of the event is prevented by circumstances beyond the control of the cafe. Boufe Boutique Cafe will refund any monies paid in advance. Boufe Boutique Cafe does not accept any liability for losses incurred due to the cancellation of an event.
Boufe Boutique Café Event packages are reviewed and updated at times throughout the year, and possible price revisions may result. While every endeavor is made to maintain prices as quoted, market variations and unforeseen circumstances may result in cost increases.
Public Holiday surcharge
A 10% surcharge is applicable to the total account for all events held on a public holiday.
1. A quote will be issued at the time you make a tentative booking. A deposit of 50% of the expected cost of the event is required to confirm your booking. The amount required to be paid is shown on the Confirmation Form.
2. Payment can be made by cash/nets/credit card (a surcharge applies for card payment)
1. A final confirmation form will be issued as soon as numbers are finalized no later than 1 week before the event.
2. The final balance of the quote is due to be paid on the day of the event. Payment can be made by cash/nets/credit card (a surcharge applies for card payment)
3. Any additional ala-carte order such as tea and coffee ordered during the event will be charged to a bill on the day of the event.
Credit Card Surcharge
Please note that if you pay the deposit or any part of the fee for the event using:
i) AMEX or Diners: A standard charge of 1.9% will be added to the amount being paid
ii) Visa or Mastercard: A standard charge of 2.3% will be added to the amount being paid
iii) Nets: A standard charge of 0.8% will be added to the amount being paid
EVENT MANAGEMENT MEETING CO-ORDINATION
1. Each booking includes 2 meetings of up to 1 hour each with our Event Manager. The first meeting is held right after your booking has been confirmed, preferably within 3 weeks. This meeting will set the you up with all the information the Hirer need to organize the event. The second meeting is held 1 week before the event, this meeting will help finalize all details.
2. Food tasting can be requested upon confirmation of the event and scheduled on the second meeting. Food choice portion will be of smaller size for tasting purpose of maximum of 4 pax.
3. As some choices of food requires customization, some item choice might not be available during food tasting session.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
1. Food allergies and Special Dietary Requirements. All dietary requirements (within reason) including food allergies can be accommodated provided sufficient notice is given (3 weeks before event). We request that you enquire with your guests and advise Boufe Boutique Café of any known food allergies, especially those with the potential to cause serious harm to guests. Please ask guests with serious food allergies to report to the Event Manager at the beginning of the event so that our service team members can be fully informed.
2. Ala-Carte orders are not included in the quotation and will be charged separately if ordered in the event unless stated.
3. Wines, champagne and alcohol can be brought in upon approval from Event Manager, there will be no corkage fee.
EVENT SET UP & TEAR DOWN
1. Due to lack of storage space, Boufe Boutique Café are only able to hold items 1 hour before event.
2. All deliveries including flowers, cakes, desserts, decorations, electronic equipment, furniture, etc can only be made 1 hour before event commences.
3. Boufe Boutique Café staff will assist in setting up the venue and provide simple decorations (floral).
4. The Hirer are allowed to set the atmosphere to suit the event. However, Boufe Boutique Café cannot allow guests to fix decorations, in any way, to the establishment of its fittings. Please ask the Event Manager for advice and ideas on how to display your materials.
5. Entertainment equipment may be brought into the building subjected to discussion and agreement with our Event Manager. Any entertainment equipment or facilities add-ons required to be rented for event will be organized and managed by Boufe Boutique Café, who will invoice the Hirer for all such equipment and facilities rented. (Add-ons)
6. Nothing is to be stuck, nailed, screwed, stapled or fixed in any way to the walls, doors or any other furniture.
7. Amplifiers are available for Hirer to use at no cost. (5mm jack provided)
In the event that there are any damages to the amplifier system, repair of replacement costs will be on charged to the Hirer. All additional connections required are to be supplied by Hirer.
8. Any extra set-up or tear-down duration (ie. Furniture or decorations) must be approved by Event Manager and would incur additional service charge.
RESPONSIBILITY & DAMAGE
1. The Hirer will be held responsible for any damages or loss of furniture, equipment or crockery. The Hirer shall pay to Boufe Boutique Café C/O LWL EMPIRE PTE LTD, on demand, the amount required to make good or remedy any such damage.
2. The Hirer is financially responsible for any damages to property belonging to Boufe Boutique Café and LHN Management Facilities Pte Ltd.
3. The Hirer is responsible for the conduct and behavior of all people attending the event. Boufe Boutique Café reserves the right to terminate the event, without any refund of costs, if the conduct and behavior is deemed to be unacceptable.
4. Boufe Boutique Café has a duty of care to our guests and reserve the right for our Duty Manager to refuse service of alcohol to persons he/she deems are intoxicated and may do harm to themselves, other patrons or property.
5. Boufe Boutique Café is a non-smoking venue. The area outside the entrance of Boufe Boutique Café is available to smokers.
6. The Hirer shall be responsible for leaving the premises and surrounding area in a clean and tidy condition and any contents temporarily removed from their usual positions properly replaced, otherwise Boufe Boutique Café will be at liberty to make an additional charge.
7. Hirers will be expected to vacate their guests and equipment within 15 minutes of the end of their rented period. Failure to comply with this will result in additional charges.
HEALTH & SAFETY
1. The maximum capacity of the café venue is 70 persons seated.
2. Fire exits and extinguishers are to be kept clear and visible at all times.
3. In accordance with legislation, no smoking is permitted anywhere within the premises.
4. The Hirer will be the responsible person for all Health and Safety matters relating to an event and must be present at the event to deal with any Health and Safety matters that may occur. This responsibility may be delegated to another person who must attend the event.
5. The Hirer is responsible for ensuring that vehicles using the car parks are driven in a safe manner and are parked in such a way so as not to obstruct access by emergency vehicles.
1. Hirer should note that OHVOLA Boutique is not owned by LWL EMPIRE PTD LTD.
Any request by the Hirer to conceal the OHVOLA Boutique during the event will be subjected to the discretion of OHVOLA Boutique.
1. Boufe Boutique Cafe accepts no responsibility for the property of persons attending or organizing an event. Vehicles and their contents are parked in Phoenix Park’s car parks at their owners’ risk. Boufe Boutique Cafe accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage incurred thereto. Any property brought on to the premises or left in the car park is done so entirely at the owner’s risk.
The Terms & Conditions are laid in order for a clearer understanding on the Hirer and Boufe Boutique Café part. For our Hirer’s event to be successful, Boufe Boutique Café believe that good communication between the Hirer and Boufe Boutique Café should be established from the start.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of all information provided. Boufe Boutique Cafe does not accept liability for any errors or omissions and reserves the right to amend any information at any time.